Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Garage Insulation

I found out today that when you get the insulation installed on the outside wall of the garage they will also insulate the top of the garage.  I am glad that they are going to do this be cause there would have been no point in getting the walls insulated if there was no insulation above the ceiling!

Still waiting on the verdict of the other things that I asked about though so I am hoping that I hear more tomorrow when we remove the contingency.  We finalized selling our current house so now it is off to the apartment likely until August.

4 comments:

  1. Are they also giving you an insulated garage door? If not, insulating the walls is pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, I have been meaning to ask this and forgot. Thanks for bringing it up. I have emailed the sales rep to see if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got word from the sales rep that the garage door is insulated. So good to go! Thanks for mentioning it CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much extra were they charging for the extra garage insulation? We are getting a bonus room above the garage, so I wonder if they install extra insulation standard?

    ReplyDelete