Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Feeling "drained" today


The foundation walls got their water proofing today and the drain pipes were laid in the basement.  The waterproofing material is more "squishy" than I thought it would be since I was thinking it would be more of a hard plastic.  Looks like the material will do the job though.

Before starting all that "draining" work, down yourself a Red Bull (or in this case before you start looking through all these pics!)

Standard front picture

Garage inside wall #1

Garage inside wall #2


Garage inside wall #3

One of the corners near the porch

Pipes in basement #1

Pipes in basement #2

Waterproofing manufacturer tag

Front wall


Side wall

Egress window

Pipes in basement #3

Pipes in basement #4

Pipes in basement #5

Back corner next to the morning room

Morning room back wall

Southeast corner looking northwest
Northeast corner looking southwest


Also spoke with the PM to have the flood light moved up between the master bedroom window on the second floor and the corner of the house.  This will allow me to adjust the light when I want to from that window and it will have more coverage in the back yard.

17 comments:

  1. I am kicking back with a bucket of popcorn watching as your embark on the thrill ride! Remember when your biggest worry was whether to get a water heater blanket?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better get to posting more if you are sitting there anxiously with a bucket of popcorn!

      Yeah, I am waiting for my "Seriously!" moments now.

      Delete
  2. My basement doesn't have all those pipes yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, does this mean I have taken the lead! Woot!

      It is all the Red Bull I think.

      Delete
  3. Keep the pictures coming! They don't waterproof with that material in Maryland. They spray a black tar like substance on the outer basement walls. One day my house will get started and I'll show you pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do and I will look for your pictures too!

      Delete
  4. Pretty soon, you'll all be downing Red Bulls to get through all the packing. Yep, that's me...not done packing. Seriously, though, the house is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am more of a Monster person but I do like the occasional Red Bull.

      Delete
  5. Agreed, Maria. They only spray on black tar in Maryland. But Thomas, have you ever seen such beautiful waterproof material and pipes in your life? Is that not the most exciting thing ever? I have a gazillion pictures of every phase, every day, and it is amazing to look at those and then the finished product. Now those of us who are finished have to live the moment through you. Keep the pics coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think walls and pipes look nice and new. It is almost a shame that they will all be covered up.

      Delete
  6. you found a redbull can on the ground. At this point of my build, I found a Budweiser can on the ground. hmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start leaving a 4 pack of Red Bulls at the site to see what kind of progress there is.

      Delete
  7. It's so nice to see your pics! You broke ground 1 week before us so I'm getting a sneak peak of where we will be each week:) When is your est. date of completion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them :-)

      The completion date is scheduled for August 7th.

      Delete
    2. That's one day after mine!!

      Delete
    3. Well, he told us the 5th but that's a Sunday. We'll see.

      Delete