Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kitchen Faucet Tweak Update

As discussed in one of the previous posts I found out that the standard kitchen faucet does not come with a sprayer.  I totally overlooked this fact thinking that most every kitchen comes with a basic sprayer for Pete's sake!
http://ravennaspeed.blogspot.com/2012/05/now-kitchen-faucet.html

Well today I signed the change order that will give me a basic sprayer on the base of the faucet.  The price to do this is $68, which is a little more than I would have wanted since the retail difference between the base faucet and this one is $29 :-\ 

The price is not too crazy though and I can deal with it to have the separate sprayer.

http://www.moen.com/chateau/chrome-one-handle-low-arc-kitchen-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER%3A7434

Let the games begin...



9 comments:

  1. Very funny! And you probably will appreciate seeing the faucet already installed when you walk in the house and see the finished kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, that is the last thing I want to thing about when we move in. I just want to reach for the sprayer to clean something off!

      Delete
  2. That's nice that they let you make a change this late in the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was nice of them. They did put verbiage right on the change order though that "No more changes are allowed from this point". LOL, I guess they had enough of my changes!

      Delete
  3. We are changing ours and it came with a sprayer, I seriously will send it to you free if you want it. Ill hit you up at your email, just let me know.Its brand new and has only been driven by a little old lady on sundays, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the offer. It looks like I am set in stone to get the one I just ordered.

      **Ponders how he could install it somewhere else though. Dual kitchen faucets... nah... or maybe? ;-) **

      Delete
  4. Glad you're able to get the sprayer! I don't know why they don't include a sprayer especially with a garbage disposal. We'll be replacing ours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the cheapest apartments I have ever been in I think had a sprayer. Maybe it detracts from the aesthetics **shrugs**

      Delete
  5. That is crazy that a sprayer doesn't come standard. I am checking on mine to see if it is the same, if so I'll have to upgrade as well. That seems like common sense, but I guess they'll get you where they can.

    ReplyDelete