Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pulled Back to Center

This a follow-up to my previous post about the house being staked too far to the right:
http://ravennaspeed.blogspot.com/2012/05/pushed-too-far.html

The PM called me this morning and let me know that they could move the placement of the house 20 feet to the left.  I think that this pretty good since it gives us more space on the right side where we will have our patio and the side that our family room is on.  This also still gives us a good side yard on the left to balance things out.

I have to give high kudos to my PM for addressing this issue.  This was the first time that I spoke with him and he understood where I was coming from.  The PM called me back after our initial conversation to let me know that he spoke with management and that they could get the location moved at no charge to me.

I have heard good things about the PM already and my experience so far seems to substantiate this.  Definitely makes me feel more confident going forward with him helping to take care of these things and the way they have been handled so far.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Will that push your schedule back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may by a few days but I would rather that than not having the house moved. I will be confirming with the PM tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I am pleasantly surprised that they did that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me so am I. There was no hassle at all. Definitely added life points for me.

      Delete
  3. When I looked in the HOA rules you fall in a crack in the regs. If you had a side entry garage on a corner lot it clearly says 30' from both roads, but with a front entry on corner lot it is ambigious. They could have argued they were right, but sounds like it was definitely against your conversations with the Sales rep and your understanding of where it would be placed. Glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you will not have to look as far to see my house ;-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting it moved. I'm also surprised that they did that. It's definitely worth a few days to have the home placed on the lot where you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it does not seem to cut too much into the time. Looks like we are breaking ground next Wednesday, weather permitting.

      Delete
  5. So glad it worked out to your satisfaction. Stay on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! It makes perfect sense to go after your hearts desire because once this house is built, it is built. No turning back! Great job!

    ReplyDelete