Monday, May 28, 2012

Reaching for higher places

I saw enough posts of the attic ladders that others are getting (Stuart) and went looking for one that would work in my tiny attic opening.  I found this ladder from Werner that looks like it might work.  A poster DrDad has a good writeup in the Home Depot comments and mentions that the framing at the top may need to be made more robust for the install.  That may be something that I ask the workers to strengthen while they are working on it. 


http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203009104&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=203009104&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D22X-_-203009104


On a progress note, it looks like I may get the slab poured tomorrow based on the building permit.

5 comments:

  1. Totally my plan too. No need to have Ryan put one in when you can purchase one for half the cost and a little elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like attic ladders and would like to have one. But I am cheap and don't want to spend money for something I may use once a year at best.
    Now an attic fan....I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard not to see those attic stairs and not think of Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im definitely down for one of those, I didnt feel like reframing the hole for a larger one so this looks like the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I inspired you!

    ReplyDelete