Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Something looks a little different!

I got the call this morning from the PM to confirm that they were starting on the excavation.  I actually took a lunch break today to briefly go over to the site.  When I arrived I was lucky enough to find the digger in action chewing away on the ground!



 

It is very interesting to me to see the strata of the soil when it has been cut this deep.  I knew the top soil was good around here but when you see it in person it really puts it in perspective!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see he left himself a ramp out. Can't help but to think of Mike Mulligan every time I see an excavator (http://www.amazon.com/Mike-Mulligan-His-Steam-Shovel/dp/0395169615).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like a good book. I will have to see if they have it at the library for my daughter and son.

      Delete
  2. Well alright!!!! Good Stuff! I love catching the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm hoping we can catch our dig too-I think our boys would love seeing it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on starting the dig.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete