Thursday, May 24, 2012

Steel'ing some pictures

The support poles along with the steel I beams went up today.  I am also getting a plumber to come out and inspect the pipes tomorrow to confirm that the fall of the pipes is correct and there are no dips due to the gravel base not being supportive enough.  It is $150 which I think is pretty reasonable considering the concrete floor is not an easy place to bust open if there is ever an issue.

Put up a video today too for those who want the quick version of the progress, though I think the pics are relatively interesting, IMO of course!


From the front
Uh oh.  That is okay though I will take progress on the house over the sign any day.  If it is in the way, run it over!

More gravel put in the garage area


Steel beams were put in

I feel like going to the store and getting some black paint for the steel.  Holding myself back :-)









More gravel placed around the foundation

Hello spiders


Southeast looking northwest

East side with more gravelz and sunz

Sunz

Hello window well

Okay so I will be on the look out for when others get their sod.  Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot there that will be unused?  It yours for the taking Mike ;-)

For kicks and giggles I took some pictures of the automatic lawn sprinklers they are using.  This is the front.

This is the back

Here it is in use (near center of the pic if you zoom in)

Sun peaking over the equipment


3 comments:

  1. Sun! Sun! Sun! Yes! Love it. I like how the basement fasteners kind of look like dancing flowers. This is a good omen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I want to dig through a sod dumpster, but that is a lot of waste. Seems they could almost sod the back with that much..

    They sodded 3 houses in the last day. About time they got caught up. Hopefully it isn't another 3 months before they show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen very little waste when they sod. It could have everything to do with WHO orders the rolls.

    ReplyDelete