Friday, June 22, 2012

It's all a facade

A facade of bricks that is, woot!  That was a nice surprise when I rolled up to the lot today since I was not expecting it.

Falls Canyon is what we went with since it is a lighter brick color.  I have not seen this brick variant up on a house yet since they switched out the brick selections right before our pre-con meeting.  Nothing like signing off on something that cannot be verified first o.0

So yeah, I talk about the brick here but then all I give you is a far away brick shot here and an extreme closeup below.  Way to go camera man, I think an 9 year old could do better!

It better be friggen GREAT!!!

Thin cinder blocks that have me, for the time being, perplexed as to where they will be going.  For the porch, around the bottom somewhere?  I don't know...

A serious pallet of BRIXMENT for some brick mortaring

Oh hey, at least we can see more than one pallet of bricks this time!  The white color of the bricks does not extend throughout the material of the brick and is only like a sugary coating.  You can see from the sides of the bricks that they are more red in color. I will have to see what the warranty is on these (if there is one).

I was tempted to build a fort out of these HVAC goodies that also arrived today
 
Oh no... your not putting those Canadian product in here!!  I joke of course... I don't see many products with the Maple Leaf on it from our neighbors

That is a pretty bold statement, "The Quietest Fan Available".  Oh wait there is an asterisk there.  In fine print it says something like, "quietest fan...when off"

HVAC insulation

Prep'ed and ready to go


It's a Bundle of pipes

No, these are not bags of cocaine, $100 bills, or bearer bonds.  They be the flexible ducts.  http://www.quietflex.com/pages/products.htm

Nice R value!

The ridge line is all covered up. "Yes, Yes, Yes" - Bit

Well look at that, I got one last far away picture of the bricks.  I guess it is better than nothing!

13 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the cinder blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They placed a column of cinder blocks at my house and I was told that is to support my front stoop...however I don't have a full front porch like you do Thomas so I'm curious as well.....Your house has really come along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our ventilation fan is really quiet (when off, too). Can't wait to see your bricks going up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about those cinder blocks too! We had a similar stack that just seemed to magically disappear. A column in that scary porch hole makes sense. Thanks Jess and Lisa....a mystery is solved! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds right since I have a dirt pit of sorts for my porch right now :-)

      Thanks for the feedback Jesse/Lisa and all!

      Delete
  5. Hi there - we just signed w Ryan on 4/30 - I'm blogging about it too (Stark Ravin Ravenna) - also in SW OH. We chose Falls Canyon as well, I'm anxious to see how yours looks as we haven't even had our pre-con meeting yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are right in the same area I can tell from your photos. Feel free to send me an email if you would like (can get it through my profile). Congrats on the new home and obviously joining the Ravenna club! :-)

      Delete
    2. It was the rug on the Rite Rug selection room floor that gave it away, right? Thanks for the warm welcome - very excited about the whole process.

      Delete
  6. Woot! just amazing how quickly things are coming together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea with taking pictures of all of the labels. Never know when that could come in handy somewhere in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Yeah, there is little to lose in taking the pictures and they could be a lot of help in years to come if anything fails or wears out, which is inevitable. Digital photos are cheap!

      Delete
  8. Love all the photos- even of the quietest fan OF ALL TIME. ALL TIME.

    Good color choice too.

    Quick question: Do you say RA-VEHH-NA or RA - VEE-NA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who used to live in a city of the same name, it is your first pronunciation: the short "e" sound.

      Delete