Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Planks of Life

They started framing late today, but they did start at least!  It seems like some reasonable progress for an evenings worth of work. 

I also saw a city park service worker (ranger) checking out the equipment at the playground and so I decided to get my chat on and get some more information.  The ranger was underneath the equipment checking things out and was all over it tugging on the railings.  I asked him if they generally check the equipment quarterly and he responded that they actually try to check the equipment monthly.  Well color me surprised!  I was not expecting that level of detail and checks.  That is definitely doing some awesome.

Here are some pics of the progress:

I like this one
Seriously, this looks brand friggen new

Before all the joists started going down

Some dudes getting it done





Meh, who needs Thermo Ply there...

or here...

I am thinking they spear these suckers to move/hang them and then repair later.



Interesting view of the hall shower.  I did not stage this by the way.

Master shower pan

Possibly heavy duty beams




These rolled up nails intrigued me.  It is like they are nail flowers (at the neighbor's house, they are a little further along)

Floor caulking that they were using.

What don't you make Hitachi?  I cannot say that I would have even remotely said Hitachi if someone asked me who makes ring shank nails.  Learned something Uncle Jed.

This is the hallway shower sticker showing that it was made by Praxis.

Interesting, so the wood has a limited life time warranty (or so it says).  I will need to find out the details here.

No job site is complete without the Crush, Arizona, and Pepsi :-)


17 comments:

  1. Great progress! You are catching up to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I don't have a poured basement so you may be winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have Ryan Homes watching your blog so you must be winning! ;-)

      Besides, they will likely blaze through yours tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Our PM told us that framing is completed in about a week....before you know it its going to look like a house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am hoping. If they complete a good amount each day and come in on the scheduled completion date I will be happy.

      Delete
  4. Lookin' good! I am impressed by the playground inspections. Sounds like a nice, safe place for kids to play. One of the things I was most surprised by was how clean our job site was. We saw a Dr. Pepper bottle when the basement was dug, and that was the extent of trash at our site. Hope your workers are as conscientious as ours and clean up after themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not worried about it really. I just find it interesting what is left behind (hmm, that sounds weird). I can't blame them, it gets hot out there!

      Delete
  5. Hooray! So happy your house got started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you are officially "move'n".
    I would warn (everyone) to pay close attention to your showers all the way through to the close AND after. We had a spot (expertly) repaired on both tubs after close. I think I just found another very small cluster of chipping that will hit the 10month list. So keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I have added this to the checklist.

      http://ravennaspeed.blogspot.com/p/final-walk-through-checklist.html

      Delete
  7. This is a good resource for me, as you are about 2 steps ahead of me in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you are excited! The only thing that beats a hole in the ground with some concrete is a first story... and then a second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I home site was littered with Heinekens!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they have decent taste in beers :-D

      Delete