Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Went in for the night watch and the day shift was still there!

Yowza!!  Talk about working late!  I got there for the start of my night shift at 9:00 PM and those guys were still finishing up at around 9:40 when I left.

Yeah, I was standing around the house like a goon for 30 some minutes taking pictures here and there.  Hey, it was nice outside!
 

Watch this van consume an entire dumpster! (yeah, silly, but tell me that is not what it looks like!)

Something about a silver house looks cool

My Reagan hole has been patched up.  (west side of the house)

This guy must love people like me taking pictures.  It would be like someone coming into my cube and snapping photos of some computer system configuration I was working on for them.  **Get out of here!**

I still can't believe that I might actually have some natural light in my home office cage.  So used to the soft computer glow in the basement it is going to be hard getting used to!

Yeah, this is the port hole on the east side.  Think lots of brick and lots of siding, small window with me suspiciously looking out :-)

I found a whole unopened box of caulk and gasped a little.  I might have to share with Stuart.

You'd think that that I would be interested in the door and windows here.  I was really looking at the unused space up top. (porch)

I am not sure what my official objective was here with this pic, but I will assume it was to show that the holes were covered up.?  (west side porch)

With the day shift still there I was not able to get much of a look see. (family room looking towards the kitchen and office)

This was the extent of my through window picture taking prowess (family room)

The shed has a door protecting it now (morning room)

Barely caught the Sun before it disappeared!

My property line is about the middle of that mud pit.  Hmm, grading anyone?

Me running to the car before it got really dark out!
I did also notice that they got the shower and the shower pan moved into the house and they were cleaning up the yard.  It looks like maybe they will start roofing tomorrow too because they only have a little bit to go on the neighbors, and they have the roofing materials staged up on the apex.  Will be nice not to get any more water coming into the house from the rain!

19 comments:

  1. good luck on the night watch and stay alert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a camera system setup!

      Delete
  2. I think you should send your framers to my house! They worked past 9?!?! Mine didn't even show up today! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorry to hear about that. What the heck are they doing?! "Fix IT!"

      I will lead doughnuts to your house and maybe my framers will follow ;-)

      Delete
  3. Am I the only one that thinks it's like *super awkward* to run into the builders/contractors?

    Very cool silver house though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO..it is a little weird. I went when they were dry walling and tried to be all talkative and nice to the guys (Spanish speaking) and just felt rejected. I need to know Spanish. I just wanted to know if they like Gatorade so I could share my good vibes. Oh well. I'm not upset that they work and work and work. That's a good thing.

      Delete
    2. I never know what to say except, "Thank you!" each time..

      Delete
    3. I brought sweet tea and popsicles to my contractors today! There is usually at least one English speaking one in the group.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I brought sweet tea one time and doughnuts another. Both times it was just nods and thank yous. I proceeded to then stand around like a goon again.

      If it helps just look at what cans/bottles are left behind and then you know what to get them :-)

      Delete
  4. I have seen framers and roofers working late at night using headlights from their trucks. And Thomas, I no longer need any caulk. Ryan has decided to circle back and make every seam in and out meet tolerances that no caulk will ever be needed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do tell! So they are going to put boards over all the seams that needed caulk before?

      Delete
  5. Working past 9:00... that is impressive. Looks like you got the "A" crew. I love your sunset/twilight pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they have done pretty well.

      Delete