Friday, August 17, 2012

Where the **** is Thomas!


Yeap... I have not been doing well in my updates here.  So sorry about that.  Lots of changes going on so that has played a factor but all of them for the good. 

We closed today and everything went pretty well.  I will not go into all the details right now (pretty tired) but there were no issues uncovered by myself or the inspector that I hired that were insurmountable.  I pretty proud though since I installed our water softener all by myself (pats self on back).  There are a few images at the end here of the water softener.  All I have to say is the cordless Dremel tool is a must have to make things easier when cutting and smoothing the end of PVC or CPVC pipe.  Don't think about it, just get one (or equivalent) if you are doing a project with any piping.

Here are the pictures of the house in various stages the first being the final state.  l will post more progress as time goes on here.  I plan on epoxying the garage floor tomorrow after the installers get the garage door opener put into place.
















































































13 comments:

  1. Wow! Your house is beautiful! You did a remarkable job building and preparing your home for you family! Congratulations on your closing and GLAD to C you back! lol smiley face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Yay! Your house is perfect! I can't wait to see it with all your junk in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on closing! The house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you made it through! Though I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of witty captions... ;)

    Did they let you have input on your landscaping? It looks pretty good! I'm hoping they'll let me have some say in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Now stop being a blog slacker!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic! And great minds think alike b/c we are going to have a very, very similar house:) Falls Canyon brick(which looks so awesome, by the way) no bonus room, finished basement, elevation c...even the carpet is a similar color. If you ever find yourself in the north part of C'ville, you might get confused! Just keep in mind if you see black shutters, that's my house not yours;) Looks great!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Your home is beautiful! Can't wait to see more updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats!!! very nice floors and cute lil baby tree :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. Congrats on all!!! Now the moving in :) Looking forward to seeing how you guys fix up the new digs!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you happen to have a list of questions you would ask during Pre Drywall meeting? Or specific things to take note of with the Ravenna?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, where have you been??? Hope all is well and would love to hear how things are going now that you've been in the house awhile :)

    ReplyDelete